We purchase homes “as-is” for cash. Let’s take a deeper dive…
We purchase homes all over the St. Louis metro area including Illinois. We buy various property types including: homes, condos, apartments, commercial, and land. When we purchase your home “as-is” we relieve you of making any costly repairs, ordering any city inspections, paying agent commissions, or cleaning out the home. Once you have our offer you will have the certainty of knowing when you can close. Reliable. Easy. Stress-Free.
- Fill in our form, tell us about your property – Quick, Easy & Free! If you prefer to call us, reach out at 314-502-9088.
- If your property meets our buying criteria, we’ll contact you to set up a quick appointment. If we cannot help you for some reason, we will let you know.
- We’ll present you w/ a fair written, no-obligation offer. Once you have our offer we are 100% guaranteed to close.
- We close at a local reputable title company, cash in your hands in as little as 7 days! We communicate with you each step of the way.
A very important question we regularly receive is, “How will you evaluate my property’s value and arrive at an offer? The honest answer is we look at multiple factors such as: the neighborhood, the forward outlook for the area, comparable sales nearby, type of home, size of home, bed count, bathroom count, level of finish, how much repair work is required, code issues, pride of ownership, and curb appeal.
LET US SHOW YOU HOW WE ARRIVE AT OUR BEST CASH!!!
OFFER PRICE FOR YOUR HOME =(After Repair Value) MINUS (Material and Labor) MINUS (Insurance, Taxes, Interest, Utilities, Holding Expenses: typically 10% of the ARV) MINUS (typically 10% of the ARV).
- (After Repair Value) – This is the value of your home after we purchase it from you and make a substantial investment into upgrading the home.
- (Material & Labor)– This is the cost of all the trades men, carpenters and professionals we use to rehab the home after we purchase it from you. This also includes the cost of materials such as the new cabinets and flooring or drywall and doors.
- – This is the one cost that sellers often disregard but is very real for us, the investor. When we purchase the home from you, we typically use a line of credit which means we have a monthly interest payment in addition to other monthly expenses such as insurance, taxes, utilities, and holding costs. When we go to re-sell the home, after we bought it from you, we have to pay real estate commissions and additional closing costs.
- – Unfortunately, we have to make money when we purchase the home from you so we have to factor a reasonable profit commensurate with the risk we take and the service we offer. We are a volume buyer so we keep our profit to a minimum on each deal.
For example, if I am evaluating your home and I think it can re-sell for $250,000 (ARV) after $50,000 in repairs are made (Hard Cost) , here is how I arrive at an offer price for you.
👀 Look at our best CASH OFFER!!!
ARV = $250,000 MINUS $50,000 Hard Cost MINUS $25,000 Soft Cost (10%) MINUS $25,000 Profit (10%) = $150,000!!!
So, what does all this mean? In order for us to give you an offer we simply have to identify what your house could be worth on its BEST DAY minus our costs and profits we have to make. It’s just that simple.
How do you compare our offer versus what a real estate agent tells you?
In order to compare our offer versus what an agent suggest, you have to compare the NET numbers. What does that mean?
Let’s use our example above, if we offer you $150,000 “as-is” then you will walk away with $150,000 NET (roughly). Remember we are offering to pay your closing costs. You may have some taxes to pay at the closing but, for the most part, you will walk away with $150,000. If the agent tells you that they can sell the home for $170,000 “as-is”, on the open market, then what does that NET you?
THIS IS WHAT YOU ARE GETTING FROM AN AGENTS SUGGESTED PRICE!
$170,000 agent’s suggest price x 6% listing fee = $10,200 in commissions = $159,800 NET
So, you will be comparing the 2 offers and what they ultimately net you. $150,000 from us today or POSSIBLY $159,800 at some point in the future. Remember, the agent’s suggested price is never a guarantee and the closing date is never certain. Obviously, our offer is firm and we can close quickly eliminating any unknows and uncertainties. This great benefit allows you to plan your next move and provides you a great deal of convenience.
Our goal is to pay you the most we can so that you are happy and we are allowed the opportunity to purchase your home. The formula is quite simple. In order to pay you the most today, we have to sell it for the most possible once we buy it from you. By us having a deep understanding of the cost to repair a home, and what that house will be worth once those repairs are made, you reap the reward of the highest possible offer.
ONCE YOU DECIDE TO ACCEPT OUR OFFER, NEXT STEPS
Sign a Contract: we will walk you thru our basic contract and discuss any questions that you may have. We want you to feel confident about your decision before signing.
Close Date: inside the contract will be a close date. We can go fast or we can go slow. We let you pick the date of the closing. A typical closing is 20 days to 30 days. We can close in fast as 7 days. Sometimes we have closings that do not occur for months.
Title Company: we will provide you the title company’s contact information so you know where the closing will occur. The title company will reach out to you prior to the closing and schedule a time that is convenient for you to stop by and close. Most closings take less than 30 minutes and can happen over your lunch break, if needed. Title companies only operate on weekdays from 8am to 5pm, no weekend appointments.
Living Situation: if you are currently living in the home and need us to purchase it before you can move out, we can accommodate you. We understand that you may need the cash in-hand from the home we are purchasing before you can make that next move. We can work with you to put a realistic plan together for the transition.
Tenants: we can purchase your home if there are tenants presently living in the home. We can honor the current lease or discuss a new lease, with the tenants, if there is not one already in place.
Sell Your Home and Buy a Home: we can purchase your home so that you have the cash in-hand to buy a new home. You do not have to move while you are searching for you new place. Even more, we can help you find that new place! We can coordinate the entire process so that you have the cash needed to make another offer on a home and to avoid a “double move.”
Timeframe: Once we get your info, we’re usually able to make you a fair all-cash offer within 24 hours. From there, we can close as quickly as 7 days… or on your schedule (sometimes we can have a check in your hand the very same day!).
Selling Your House Can Be A Quick And Simple Process
The Homebuyer Expert buys houses in and around St. Louis (and other areas too!). We’re not listing your house… we’re actually the ones buying your house. Because we pay cash, we’re able to close quickly… or on your schedule. Like we’ve mentioned, when you work with us there are no fees… like there are when you list your house with an agent. What this means to you is you don’t have to worry about extra costs, having to come out of pocket to sell your house fast, or even getting your house ready for a sale (we’ll buy your house as-is).
Don’t worry about repairing or cleaning up your property. We’ll buy your house in as-is condition… no matter how ugly or pretty it is… no matter the location.